23 Jan 2013

Sensational

My dad loves the word 'Sensational'. He also likes the phrase 'Fair Dinkum' but that's a story for another time. I guess he uses it a bit like I use, 'awesome', often inappropriately, as 'awesome' is supposed to be reserved for some sort of divine happening, whereas I use it when I find a lost dollar on the street.
Dad uses 'sensational' to describe something just really, really great; like a great day playing golf. Which works I guess, but he certainly doesn't use it in the sense of 'it caused a sensation'; like his golfing made the national news...

I meant this title today as a bit of a play on the word sensation, as that's what's been on my mind lately. As in, things that feel great. Like sand between the toes, hand in a sack full of grain - you know, that kind of stuff. But seriously, how good are some of these sensations?

  • A head massage (just massage, full stop)
  • First morning stretch
  • Floating in the ocean
  • Holding a puppy/kitten 
  • A warm towel in Winter
  • Loudly slurping jelly (go try this. now)
  • A shower after being at the beach all day
  • Hugging someone with warm sheets from the drier

Aaaaawwww.

There are other things, but everyone has their own 'ah' moments. Might be nice to go try some soon. Beach anyone?

Es ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment