11 Jun 2013

How the days just, go.

They fly by. They blend together, and all I can recall at any one time is 'how many naps has she had so far?' and 'which boob did I last feed her from?'

The days are (mostly) good really. I try to do either an outing, some tv watching, book reading, or seeing a friend, but there are basic, normal things that just slip by me. For example, I say I'll call someone on the weekend and then suddenly it's Tuesday and I haven't done it. I mean, there were obviously times over that weekend that were free to call, but maybe baby was unsettled and I was listening out for a cry, or I was just so weary that all I could do was sleep or zombie-out  in front of the box. 

Honestly, a lot of the time I just forget. Like a switch that went on after she was born, I have a limited functioning capacity. Once I've got baby fed, sleeping, changed or washed it's like there's nothing else I need to do. Sure, I do washing, eating and the odd catch-up, but things slip by me all the time. I used to be able to do so many things in one day!! 

Should I be worried? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, I sure hope it's temporary! And if not, well, when she grows up I'll start allocating her jobs to do when I forget them...

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment